Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Duct Tape bag

Tonight on Pinterest I was scrolling through my crafting idea board and I found a pin that I posted a few months ago for crafts to make out of duct tape....yeah I tend to just pin things and look at them later (a lot of times it takes me a few weeks-months to go back and look at pins I previously posted).

The pin led me to babble. There were a few different crafts that were here but I finally decided to make the duct tape no-sew tote. I didn't take any pictures while I was doing this craft because I didn't realize that I was going to blog until the mood struck!

The instructions were fairly simple to follow, but I had to click on them one at a time, until I found that there was a see all tab on the top (duh!). I pretty much followed the instructions completely, however I did not have a thick canvas type of fabric, I just had regular fabric. My tote came out similar to the one posted by soochmaroo. I found that since my fabric wasn't actually cut straight on the sides it lead to more cutting and trying to figure out the seams a little trickier than it should have been. I plan on doing another bag, maybe to give away...not sure yet! But my final product is below I think it came out nicely! I have plans to re-finish the bag as far as the top seam and the handles go, and I forgot to put my magnet 'till it was too late, but I think I'll be using this bag more for my exam kits than for anything else. It came out a little flimsy, but again this is probably due to my lack of using the proper fabric. I really enjoyed doing this craft while my son watched Thomas the tank engine (not my favorite show especially the 5th time in a row!) it kept me from having to watch and it was a good escape from studying! Thanks again for stopping by!


I'll try to post pictures of the next craft I do as I do it, as well as modifications I made to the instructions. However, the instructions for this craft was very well laid out!

No comments:

Post a Comment