Thursday, April 11, 2013

Keeping Busy

I worked on that diaper cake I mentioned in my previous blog. I still need to figure out how to decorate it more, but it's the best I can do with what I've got. Her baby shower is gender neutral with a Winnie-the-Pooh theme. I looked up a few different ways to make the diaper cake, I've done a few before but I didn't feel like rolling a whole bunch of diapers. I found a pretty good tutorial through Pinterest, the link leads to Momaroo. Her instructions are pretty good, but the holding with string thing got pretty old when I was trying to be more efficient at adding diapers instead of one at a time. So I ended up using the basic principles of these instructions to make my diaper cake, I did a slip knot around the diaper cake with kite string to make my circles. It took me 3-4 different tries to tie off the string and keep the diaper cake together (meaning it fell apart 3-4 times and I had to start from scratch the same amount of times!).



Anywho, I was finally able to finish the diaper cake...then I ran out of ribbon for the top tier!

Here's the final project, I may decorate it more with other winnie the pooh things, I'm still debating on what's gonna happen with the look but I like this one it came out pretty good...and once I figured out how to tie off the string for the layers it went pretty fast.

While I was still in the mood to decorate the house I came accross a really easy and interesting idea paint the covers of shoe boxes and hang them. It took me two coats of the base color to cover the box completely then I stenciled on the design. I like how it came out!



Oh yeah! I also forgot to mention that I got the paint from Home Depot at their samplle section for $2, I realized that this was pretty cheap for the different colors and it would probably work better on some of the other painting projects I'm thinking of doing later on.

The last project I did was a version of another Pinterest pin. I think it came out pretty cool.

I cut the lines a bit close and some of them broke after I took the picture! oh well it wasn't a good shirt anyways and I was only planning on using it at home or at the beach.
I added the shirt underneath so that you could see the lines that I cut better. I'm planning on doing another paint project with another bottle and stencil idea. I'm also not sure if I'll be doing another crafting project or a cooking project soon. Oh well, I'm sure something new will come up soon, school is starting to get the best of me and I'm trying my best not to check out just yet! Thanks for stopping by

No comments:

Post a Comment