Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Making promises and keeping them

Last night I had to rush my son to the pharmacy to pick up some nebulizer medicine for him before they closed (they didn't have the medicine). On our way to the pharmacy he said "Mommy I want to paint my house" I laughed and said yeah ok what colors do you want, we'll paint your house tomorrow! He started listing all of the colors he wanted and I was laughing thinking he'd forget all about it tomorrow....well he didn't!

As I was sitting down to do my homework he kept bugging me about painting the house. Remembering that I promised that I'd let him paint a house I groaned because I have to set a good example about making and keeping promises that are made (insert morality and guilt). So I set forth making a house out of cardboard boxes that we had laying around waiting to be sent to the recycle bin...yeah ummm, my boyfriend keeps telling me "I'll get to it" the cardboard has now piled up taller than my son :-/ that's another story and we won't get into it....Anywho I made him a house out of boxes and we went outside to pain the house. He only wanted to paint the roof!!!! Aaaargh I was trying to do my homework on my computer while helping him paint, it was a disaster...I had to put my now painted laptop in the house to finish his house painting project.

We painted the house together he told me what he wanted on the house and I tried to help him, my painting/drawing skills are not the best...actually I'm sure once he reaches second grade his drawings will be better than mine!!!

Here's the roof he painted....I totally forgot to put out the cup with water so that he could rinse his brushes before going into the next paint...so his house has a lot of brown/purple color all over :p


He asked me to paint a lion, yeah he said we would have a pet lion....thank goodness this is not a close up of it because it's pretty horrid!


He loves apples and trains so of course we had to have an apple tree and a train in the back of the house! hehehe...oh yeah and a polka-dot window...not sure what that was about!

Overall this was a good lesson for me...remember not to make promises to little ones that you don't intend to keep, because they'll remember and bother you until you make it happen! hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment